经文：【约翰福音七章37 – 52节】
37节期的末日，就是最大之日，耶稣站着高声说：人若渴了，可以到我这里来喝。 38信我的人就如经上所说：从他腹中要流出活水的江河来。 39耶稣这话是指着信他之人要受圣灵说的。那时还没有赐下圣灵来，因为耶稣尚未得着荣耀。 40众人听见这话，有的说：这真是那先知。 41有的说：这是基督。但也有的说：基督岂是从加利利出来的吗？ 42经上岂不是说基督是大卫的后裔，从大卫本乡伯利恒出来的吗？ 43于是众人因着耶稣起了纷争。 44其中有人要捉拿他，只是无人下手。 45差役回到祭司长和法利赛人那里。他们对差役说：你们为什么没有带他来呢？ 46差役回答说：从来没有像他这样说话的！ 47法利赛人说：你们也受了迷惑吗？ 48官长或是法利赛人岂有信他的呢？ 49但这些不明白律法的百姓是被咒诅的！ 50内中有尼哥底母，就是从前去见耶稣的，对他们说：51不先听本人的口供，不知道他所做的事，难道我们的律法还定他的罪吗？ 52他们回答说：你也是出于加利利吗？你且去查考，就可知道加利利没有出过先知。
一、耶稣的宣告（约7：37-39） 1. 基督是生命之泉 约4：13 耶稣回答说，凡喝这水的，还要再渴。 14 人若喝我所赐的水就永远不渴。我所赐的水，要在他里头成为泉源，直涌到永生。
2. 基督是荣耀救助 约16：12 我还有好些事要告诉你们，但你们现在担当不了（或作不能领会）。 13只等真理的圣灵来了，他要引导你们明白（原文作进入）一切的真理。因为他不是凭自己说的，乃是把他所听见的都说出来。并要把将来的事告诉你们。 二、众人：信与不信（约7：40-44） 1. 信：”这是基督。 ” 2. 不信：”基督岂是从加利利出来的吗？ ” — 神是万有的创造者，只有神自己的启示才能让受造的人认识祂。 — 从天上降下来生命的粮"（约6：51）; "必要得着生命的光"（约8：12） 三、权贵：信与不信（约7：45-52） 1. 差役："从来没有像祂那样说话的。 ” 2 .官长："你们也受了迷惑吗？ ” — "官长或是法利赛人岂有信祂的呢？ “ “加利利没有出过先知。” — 尼哥底母：体制内的正直人，基督的追随者。
1. 出自哪里？ — 约7：16 耶稣说，我的教训不是我自己的，乃是那差我来者的。 约7：29 那时耶稣在殿里教训人，大声说，你们也知道我，也知道我从哪里来。我来并不是由于自己，但那差我来的是真的。你们不认识他。 2. 要做什么？ — 约8：11 耶稣说，我也不定你的罪。去吧。从此不要再犯罪了。 3. 与我何干？ — 约1：4 生命在祂里头。这生命就是人的光。 9 那光是真光，照亮一切生在世上的人。
•约翰福音记录的主耶稣开始服侍的过程中，耶稣一边施行神迹奇事，一边教导，同时带门徒。祂传讲天国的福音，就是拯救罪人、赐给他们新生命与永恒盼望的真理。 •在救恩逐渐显明，教导逐渐清晰的过程中，相信并且愿意跟随的人也越来越多，但这也遭到了当权者强大的反对与不信者的嘲讽。 •我们从这段经文可以看到信与不信的分歧焦点：耶稣的身份、祂的作为、神与人的关系。 •在仔细观察相信与反对的两方态度时，可以帮助我们在现今坚固对基督的信仰，我们应从神借着圣经赐给我们从上而来的启示来认识祂、来回应祂的恩典; 其次我们更应从耶稣所教导的与世界相反的天国的观念来看我们如今该如何生活，见证信仰的力量。 •唯有在基督里的信心可以造就人，领受生命的源泉。
Scripture: John 7:37-52
37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”[a] 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.40 On hearing his words, some of the people said, “Surely this man is the Prophet.”41 Others said, “He is the Messiah.”Still others asked, “How can the Messiah come from Galilee? 42 Does not Scripture say that the Messiah will come from David’s descendants and from Bethlehem, the town where David lived?” 43 Thus the people were divided because of Jesus. 44 Some wanted to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him.45 Finally the temple guards went back to the chief priests and the Pharisees, who asked them, “Why didn’t you bring him in?”46 “No one ever spoke the way this man does,” the guards replied.47 “You mean he has deceived you also?” the Pharisees retorted. 48 “Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him? 49 No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law—there is a curse on them.” 50 Nicodemus, who had gone to Jesus earlier and who was one of their own number, asked, 51 “Does our law condemn a man without first hearing him to find out what he has been doing?”52 They replied, “Are you from Galilee, too? Look into it, and you will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee.”
This is a generation of skepticism. We have long been unable to return to the era of our parents or grandparents, and we can find trust between people, let alone beliefs, even beliefs. Many people don't even believe in themselves. We seem to doubt everything, but we also believe in things that we seem to be able to control: such as money, wealth, power, prestige, certain technical skills, or trust in ourselves. In fact, let's calm down and think about it. These are things that we can't really control. Such belief is a low-level "belief" that can only satisfy people's temporary needs.
The "faith" taught in the Bible points to God, God himself and His plan for the ultimate destiny of the entire world and mankind. In the Gospel of John, Jesus is the ultimate revelation of God. The Bible tells us, "Belief" includes "object of believing" and "content of believing." Jesus is the Son of God, He is God, the source of life, and the Lord of judgment and redemption. He entered the world, preached the truth of the kingdom of heaven, rescued sinners from death and transgression, and finally came to judge the whole earth again.
A.The Announcement of Jesus (John 7:37-39)
1. Christ is the fountain of life
John 4:13 Jesus answered that anyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again. 14If anyone drinks the water I give, he will never be thirsty. The water I give will become a fountain in him, flowing to eternal life.
2.Christ is glorious salvation
John 16:12 I still have a lot to tell you, but you can't bear it now (or you can't understand it). 13 Only when the Holy Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you to understand (in the original text) all truths. Because he did not speak on his own, but said everything he heard. And I want to tell you about the future.
B.Multitude: Belief and Unbelief (John 7:40-44)
1.Belief: "This is Christ."
2.Unbelief: "Did Christ come from Galilee?"
- God is the creator of all things, and only the revelation of God himself can make the created people know him.
- The bread of life that came down from the sky" (John 6:51); "It is necessary to have the light of life" (John 8:12)
C.Nobility: Believe and Unbelief (about 7:45-52)
1.Guards: "Never speaks like Him."
2.Officers: "Are you also confused?"
- “Have any of the rulers or the Pharisees believed in him?" "Galilee has never had a prophet."
-Nicodemus: An upright person in the system, a follower of Christ.
Application: What should we believe in?
1. Where did it come from? -John 7:16 Jesus said, My teaching is not of my own, but the one who sent me.
John 7:29 At that time, Jesus was teaching people in the temple, saying loudly, you also know me, and you know where I come from. I did not come because of myself, but the one who sent me is true. You don't know him.
2. What to do? -John 8:11 Jesus said, I will not condemn you either. Go ahead. Don't sin again from now on.
3. What to do with me? -John 1:4 Life is in Him. This life is the light of man. 9 That light is true light, illuminating all those who are born in the world.
· When the Lord Jesus began to serve as recorded in the Gospel of John, Jesus performed miracles, taught and led his disciples at the same time. He preached the gospel of the kingdom of heaven, which is the truth that saves sinners and gives them new life and eternal hope.
· As salvation gradually became apparent and teaching became clearer, more and more people believed and were willing to follow, but this was also met with strong opposition from those in power and ridiculed by unbelievers.
· From this passage, we can see the focus of differences between faith and unbelief: the identity of Jesus, his actions, and the relationship between God and man.
· Careful observation of the attitudes of belief and opposition can help us to strengthen our faith in Christ today. We should know him and respond to his grace from the revelation that God gives us through the Bible from above; secondly, we should look at how we live today and testify to the power of faith from the concept of the kingdom of heaven taught by Jesus, which is contrary to the world.
· Only faith in Christ can edify people and help them receive the source of life.