5 耶稣举目看见许多人来，就对腓力说：「我们从哪里买饼叫这些人吃呢？ 」
7 腓力回答说：「就是二十两银子的饼，叫他们各人吃一点也是不够的。 」
10 耶稣说：「你们叫众人坐下。 」原来那地方的草多，众人就坐下，数目约有五千。
12 他们吃饱了，耶稣对门徒说：「把剩下的零碎收拾起来，免得有糟蹋的。 」
14 众人看见耶稣所行的神迹，就说：「这真是那要到世间来的先知！ 」
3. 吃的学问是关乎生命的学问，不但是今生的学问， 而且是永生的学问。
4. 神把救赎的真理，用吃上表达出来。 能在最平常的生活事物中启发最深奥的生命智慧，这是耶稣基督的伟大超越。
1. 人们寻求耶稣，不是要敬拜耶稣，乃是因为自己的需要。 （约6：1-2） （徒8：9-24）
2. 门徒跟随耶稣，乃要分享作王的荣耀。（约6：3-13） （希11：1）
3. 耶稣，真正不一样的王。（约6：14-15） （撒上8：1-18）
Scripture: [John 6: 1-15]
6 Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias), 2 and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. 3 Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples. 4 The Jewish Passover Festival was near.5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” 6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.7 Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages[a] to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!”8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, 9 “Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”10 Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). 11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” 13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.14 After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.” 15 Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.
1. "Five loaves and two fish" is the only miracle recorded in all four gospels.
2. People in the world cannot do without eating food, and the one thing that Chinese cultural tradition cares about most is “eating”.
3. The knowledge of eating is the knowledge about life, not only the knowledge of this life, but also the knowledge of eternal life.
4. God expresses the truth of salvation through eating. It is the great transcendence of Jesus Christ that can inspire the most profound life wisdom in the most common life things.
1. People seek Jesus, not to worship Jesus, but because of their own needs. (John 6:1-2) (Acts 8:9-24)
People see miracles and follow Jesus Christ. However, believing in miracles cannot bring people salvation, only believing in Jesus can one be saved. Believing in the miracle itself is due to self-centered needs of human beings. This is not a faith, but a religion that satisfies one's desires, and a fake faith.
2. The disciples followed Jesus in order to share the glory of kingship. (John 6:3-13) (Heb 11:1)
They cannot learn to rely on the Lord to solve problems. Because, they themselves cannot fully believe in relying on Jesus. They have not acquired the vision of heaven. People merely weigh in on the environments, God creates the environment! What people see are problems, and God is the salvation to all problems.
3. Jesus, the truly different King. (John 6:14-15) (1 Samuel 8:1-18)
1. When you come to worship Jesus, why do you make Him King?
2. Jesus Christ is the King: Whether you accept it or not, He is the King, He is the King of creation, He is the King of salvation, and He is the King of the universe.
3. As the King, He died for you, for me, and died on the cross, awakening us with the blood of life, and redeeming us with life as the bread.
4. Do you understand Jesus’ painstaking efforts? Do you know what He really cares about?
5. We need the food that provides us the eternal life, and this food is Jesus Christ.