1 那时，有施洗的约翰出来，在犹太的旷野传道，说：2 「天国近了，你们应当悔改！」
Matt. 4:23 耶稣走遍加利利，在各会堂里教训人，传天国的福音，医治百姓各样的病症。
Matt. 9:35 耶稣走遍各城各乡，在会堂里教训人，宣讲天国的福音，又医治各样的病症。
Matt. 5:3 虚心的人有福了！因为天国是他们的。
Matt. 5:10 为义受逼迫的人有福了！因为天国是他们的。
Matt. 5:19 所以，无论何人废掉这诫命中最小的一条，又教训人这样作，他在天国要称为最小的。但无论何人遵行这诫命，又教训人遵行，他在天国要称为大的。
Matt. 6:33 你们要先求他的国和他的义，这些东西都要加给你们了。
Matt. 7:21 凡称呼我主阿，主阿的人不能都进天国；惟独遵行我天父旨意的人才能进去。
Matt. 18:3 说：我实在告诉你们，你们若不回转，变成小孩子的样式，断不得进天国。
Matt. 18:4 所以，凡自己谦卑象这小孩子的，他在天国里就是最大的。
Matt. 19:14 耶稣说：让小孩子到我这里来，不要禁止他们；因为在天国的，正是这样的
Matt. 5:20 我告诉你们，你们的义若不胜于文士和法利赛人的义，断不能进天国。
Matt. 7:21 凡称呼我主阿，主阿的人不能都进天国；惟独遵行我天父旨意的人才能进去。
Matt. 8:12 唯有本国的子民竟被赶到外边黑暗里去，在那里必要哀哭切齿了。
Matt. 19:23 耶稣对门徒说：我实在告诉你们，财主进天国是难的。
Matt. 19:24 我又告诉你们，骆驼穿过针的眼，比财主进神的国还容易呢！
Matt. 21:31 你们想，这两个儿子是那一个遵行父命呢？他们说：大儿子。耶稣说：我实在告诉你们，税吏和娼妓倒比你们先进神的国。
Matt. 21:43 所以我告诉你们，神的国必从你们夺去，赐给那能结果子的百姓。
Matt. 23:13 你们这假冒为善的文士和法利赛人有祸了！因为你们正当人前，把天国的门关了，自己不进去，正要进去的人，你们也不容他们进去。
Matt. 13:24 耶稣又设个比喻对他们说：天国好象人撒好种在田里，
Matt. 13:31 他又设个比喻对他们说：天国好象一粒芥菜种，有人拿去种在田里。
Matt. 13:33 他又对他们讲个比喻说：天国好象面酵，有妇人拿来，藏在三斗面里，直等全团都发起来。
Matt. 13:44 天国好象宝贝藏在地里，人遇见了就把他藏起来，欢欢喜喜的去变卖一切所有的，买这块地。
Matt. 13:45-46 天国又好象买卖人寻找好珠子，遇见一颗重价的珠子，就去变卖他一切所有的， 买了这颗珠子。
Matt. 13:47 天国又好象网撒在海里， 聚拢各样水族，
Matt. 18:23 天国好象一个王要和他仆人算账。
Matt. 20:1 因为天国好象家主清早去雇人进他的葡萄园做工，
Matt. 22:2 天国好比一个王为他儿子摆设娶亲的筵席，
Matt. 25:1 那时，天国好比十个童女拿着灯出去迎接新郎。
Matt. 25:14 天国又好比一个人要往外国去，就叫了仆人来，把他的家业交给他们。
总结起来，在耶稣的教导中，天国的奥秘是属灵的，隐藏的，并且有区分性的。 （the hidden, spiritual and distinctive characteristics of the kingdom）
Scripture: Matthew 3:1-2 and 4:17
Matthew 3 1 At that time, John the Baptist came out and preached in the wilderness of Judea, saying: 2 "The kingdom of heaven is near, you should repent!" Matthew 4 17 Since then, Jesus preached, saying: The kingdom of heaven is near, and you should repent!
The importance of the theme "Heaven" • The first sentence of Jesus' preaching in the world is: The kingdom of heaven is near, and you should repent. • The core of what Jesus taught in the world is: the gospel of the kingdom of heaven. • The book of Acts is also based on the gospel of the kingdom of heaven.
1. "Heaven" in the Old Testament
(1) God has been king and reigning from the beginning
(2) God made known the laws of heaven
(3) God chooses the people of heaven
Exodos 19:6 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.
Isaiah 9:6-7: 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.
2. The embodiment of the "kingdom of heaven" in the gospels-Jesus Christ
(1) The doctrine of Jesus Christ guiding the kingdom of heaven
(2) Jesus Christ leads the world to foretell the beauty of the kingdom of heaven
Matthew uses the "Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven" as a literary symbol to divide his writing into paragraphs.
Matt. 4:23 Jesus traveled all over Galilee, taught people in the synagogues, preached the gospel of the kingdom of heaven, and healed all the sicknesses of the people.
Matt. 9:35 Jesus traveled through cities and villages, teaching people in synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of heaven, and healing all kinds of sicknesses.
Reference: Part of the teaching of the Lord Jesus about the kingdom of heaven in Matthew's Gospel
Who can enter the kingdom of heaven? Matt. 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matt. 5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 5:19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matt. 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Matt. 18:3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 18:4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 19:14 Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.
Who can't enter the kingdom of heaven? Matt. 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Matt. 8:12 while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matt. 19:23 And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matt. 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” Matt. 21:31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you.” Matt. 21:43 “Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits.” Matt. 23:13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.”
What is heaven? - The parable of the sower: Matt. 13:24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.”
- The analogy of mustard seeds: Matt. 13:31 He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field.”
- The parable of the leaven: Matt. 13:33 He told them still another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds[a] of flour until it worked all through the dough.”
- The analogy of the treasure hiding in the ground: Matt. 13:44 The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. - The analogy of a good pearl: Matt. 13:45-46 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.
- The analogy of casting a net: Matt. 13:47 Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish.
- Parable of forgiving servants: Matt. 18:23 Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
- The analogy of a hired vineyard worker: Matt. 20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. - The metaphor of the banquet: Matt. 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. - The parable of the ten virgins: Matt. 25:1 At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. - According to the analogy of ability entrusted: Matt. 25:14 The kingdom of heaven is like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. To sum up, in Jesus' teaching, the mystery of the kingdom of heaven is spiritual, hidden, and distinguishing. (The hidden, spiritual and distinctive characteristics of the kingdom)
3. The manifestation of "Kingdom of Heaven" in the last days-the church (1) Jesus Christ gave the authority to heaven Matthew 16:18-19 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. (2) The church is the embassy and outpost of heaven (3) The church stands between what has come and what has not come
· The kingdom of heaven "already" has come, giving us the confidence to meet the challenges that the world today brings us;
· The coming of the kingdom of heaven "before it comes" gives us hope to look forward to the glory and fulfillment of the future when Christ comes with the kingdom of heaven.
· The kingdom of heaven "already" has come, making us vigilant to live;
· The kingdom of heaven has come "before it comes", so that we can tolerate each other with love.