经文 :【约翰福音 6:60-71】
• 什么是生命的真正定义呢？ (v 63) 圣经的启示: 人乃是由肉体和灵组成的。人的生命包括肉体和灵。灵与肉成为生命体！肉体乃是承载灵的，灵活在肉体里。
• 圣经给出了灵性死亡和肉体死亡的原因：肉体因为人犯罪的缘故要死亡， 灵因为人犯罪的缘故与神隔绝。
我们可以把人们对耶稣基督的自我启示：我是天上的粮， 分为三类：(1) 退去不信的人; (2)留下不信的人; (3) 留下相信的人。前两类人是一类人，同属于没命的人，不跟随耶稣的人。而后一类人才是真正相信耶稣得生命的人。
1. 不信的人没有生命 (v 60-66)
2. 背叛耶稣的人没有生命 (vv 70-71)
第三类人，是十二个门徒中除犹大之外的，真正跟随相信耶稣的是十一个门徒。 (v 63)
主耶稣说： 「你们当进窄门，因为引到灭亡的门是宽的，路是大的，进去的人也多； 但引到生命的门是窄的，路是小的，找着的人也少」。 （太7：13-14）
Scripture: John 6:60-71
60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”
61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?
62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!
63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[a] and life.
64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.
65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”
66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
67 “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.
68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
69 We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”
70 Then Jesus replied, “Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!”
71 (He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray him.)
· What is life? Is life a combination of body and soul? Or is it just the flesh?
· What is the true definition of life? (v 63) The revelation of the Bible: Man is composed of body and spirit. Human life includes body and spirit. Spirit and flesh become living bodies! The flesh carries the spirit and the spirit is flexible in the flesh.
· The Bible gives the causes of spiritual death and physical death: the flesh will die because of man’s sin, and the spirit will be separated from God because of man’s sin.
· The spirit is the true life, and the flesh is the clothing of the spirit.
A. Those who have life are those who follow Jesus
We can classify people's self-revelation to Jesus Christ: I am the bread of heaven, divided into three categories: (1) retreating unbelievers; (2) leaving unbelievers; (3) leaving believers. The first two types of people are one kind of people, both belong to lifeless people, people who don't follow Jesus. The latter category of people are those who truly believe in Jesus' life.
1. An unbeliever has no life (v 60-66) There are four sufficient reasons to leave Jesus. Leaving Jesus means leaving life and choosing death!
(1) Jesus directly exposed their motives for following Him.
(2) They are not ready to surrender their sovereignty, so they cannot take a step beyond their confidence.
(3) They could not accept that Jesus Christ declared that he was greater than Moses.
(4) The metaphor of the bread itself offends the taboo of the Israelites.
Jesus also gave the real reason for their departure: Jesus' answer to these people was: believing that Jesus is the bread of heaven is a gift from the Father. Salvation is a gift from God.
2. Those who betrayed Jesus have no life (vv 70-71)
The second type of people are those who did not respond among the disciples, that is, Judas who will betray the Lord in the future.
B. Those who have life are those who follow Jesus The third type of people were among the twelve disciples, except for Judas, and it was the eleven disciples who really followed and believed in Jesus. (v 63)
· What Jesus Christ said is inseparable from Jesus Christ.
· Truly believing in Jesus is inseparable from believing in his words (John 5:46-47).
· Believing what he said is to follow Jesus.
The Lord Jesus said, "You should enter the narrow door, because the door leading to destruction is wide, the road is big, and there are many people going in; but the door leading to life is narrow, and the road is small. Find it There are also few people." (Matthew 7:13-14)
C. Those who obtain life are the ones chosen by God Salvation of man is not the man’s own choice, rather, the choice of God. Those who truly believe are those chosen by God. 1. Man cannot find the true God on his own 2. The truth that believers must be clear of
1. God's work of saving human history is proactive.
2. People have to bear full responsibility for their unbelief. 3. For the saved ones and believers, it is out of God's mercy and choice
*Humans sin because they do not believe in the word of God. *The only way for people to be saved is to believe in God coming to save people. *Peter is converted to Christ! Are you converted to Jesus Christ? *There is no heavenly life without conversion to Christ, no real life! Do you know Jesus? To know him, one must be familiar with and remember the words of Jesus Christ, the Bible! Do you believe everything He said? Do you know about the Bible? This Bible is the precious life-giving word! Read it, love Him, think about Him, because He is the spirit and He is your life!