(1) 建立教會並廣傳福音，是上帝的心意； 蒙上帝重塑了神的形象的基督徒應該以神的心為心； (2) 建立教會並廣傳福音，是上帝托付我們的使命； 上帝賜給我們大使命去傳揚福音，建造門徒。但最終真正為我們成就這事的是上帝，我們應該感謝祂，並歸榮耀給祂。 (3) 建立教會並廣傳福音，是上帝賜給我們的祝福； 上帝不是讓我們在這世上單打獨鬥，而是賜給我們地方教會，有一群弟兄姐妹相伴我們左右，所以我們應該為此感恩。
Scripture: Colossians 1:3-20
Thanksgiving and Prayer
3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4 because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people— 5 the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel 6 that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace. 7 You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant,[who is a faithful minister of Christ on ourbehalf, 8 and who also told us of your love in the Spirit.
9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask Go to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
The Supremacy of the Son of God
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Key Sentence: Thank God for accomplishing everything.
1. Thank God for creating all things in the universe; (vv15-17)
(1) Jesus has the image of God; (2) To bear the image of God means to be a representative of God. (3) The triune God created all things; (4) We are a member of all things; (5) Not only that, we are unique and noble among all things, because we were created in the image of God; (6) Because we bear the image of God, we are the representatives of God and rule the whole earth on behalf of God.
2. Thank God for his salvation; (vv13-14, v20)
God's redemption plan is the basis of our salvation, the foundation of our salvation, and the most important reason why we should be grateful to God. This plan of salvation is the gospel we believe in.
Discussion: The nature of gratitude and ungratefulness
The essence of gratitude is to express gratitude to the person who gave me something for the thing that I do not deserve or cannot get according to my own ability, to give credit to him, and to give him praise and respect.
It turns out that the nature of Adam and Eve's sin in the Garden of Eden is not gratitude. It turns out that not being grateful to God is not one of many sins, but the sum of many sins! The essence of sin is to treat yourself as a god, so that you feel that there is nothing to thank God for, and nothing to owe to God! Ungratefulness is not a small sin or one of many sins; ungratefulness is the sum of sins, the essence of sin!
The arrival of the gospel must renew all of these, renew our hearts, and open our hearts to make us return to the world of the Garden of Eden before the fall, clearly seeing and realizing that everything in us is gifted by God.
3. Thank God for establishing the church according to His will and spreading the gospel; (vv4-11, v18) (1) It is God's will to establish churches and spread the gospel.
Christians who have been reshaped by God should take God's heart as their heart.
(2) It is God's mission to establish churches and spread the gospel.
God has given us a great commission to preach the gospel and build up disciples. But in the end, it is God who does this for us, and we should thank Him and glorify Him.
(3) Establishing churches and spreading the gospel is a blessing given to us by God.
God did not let us to fight alone in this world, but gave us a local church with a group of brothers and sisters to accompany us, so we should be grateful for that.